Thursday, April 27, 2006

Hey-hey, it's Friday!

Well, it probably says Thursday because Blogger is situated in America, but us Australians are ahead of the rest of the world in that respect. Anyway, I'm in the mid-90s on Truck Me now (which incidentally I have given the subtitle of An Australian Fable – whether that'll stay when I start doing drafts I don't know, but it seems kind of appropriate at the moment). I was dubious about it reaching the 150 page mark for a while there, but certain scenes expanded more than I expected them to – so I'm hopeful it might even exceed that.

With the house to myself this evening, I plan to power through as much of the fourth draft on Ghost Kiss as I can. I've marked up about 50 of its 147 pages (no changes completed, though). I've been living with it for so long that I'm beginning to doubt its quality, which can't be healthy. Time to get it in shape and get it out there again.

A Google search has revealed several of my co-authors on Hell's Hangmen and the stories they will contribute. I've not heard of any of them, but they all have more publishing credits than me, which suggests how far I still have to go before I can quit my day job. They are:

Jason Andrew – 'The Last Delivery'
Rob Rosen – 'Close. So Close'
Charles Black – 'A Fistful of Vengeance'
Steven Shrewsbruy – no mention of title

According to a post from Charles Black (dated Feb 19) seven stories had been selected, but I can't find references to the other two anywhere. I guess Ron Shiflet will be in touch soon enough with the full list of contents.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home