Monday, April 17, 2006

So how did I do?

Okay, it's four days on since my last post and my long Easter weekend was a mix of industriousness and sloth.

I sent off both my short stories to overseas markets, picking titles that according to Duotrope have a reputation for swift replies (ironically, I haven't even received a confirmation from either of them so far – although that might be due to Easter).

I did indeed get Truck Me to the 80 page mark, however I think I only added about 2,000 words in total, which means I'm no better off than I would have been on a regular week.

My continuity check on Ghost Kiss has turned into a full-blown fourth draft. Too many unnecessary sentences, too many cliches – it's amazing the things you pick up when your mind is focused on other things for a while. So I'm doubting there will be any submission progress of the novel kind until late May.

Oh ... and 'Other Intelligent Life' was completely ignored. I'm still confident I'll get around to it eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home