Thursday, October 05, 2006

More leisurely post

Okay, I have a bit more time now so I'll elaborate a little on last night's post. My response from Futurismic was polite enough but also the sort of useless 'feedback' that I remember getting (and giving) in my university creative writing classes. "The narrative didn't really grab me," the helpful reader explained. No? Well your comment didn't really grab me. What of it?

I don't know, I understand slush readers are both volunteers and insanely busy, but if you're not going to offer a constructive suggestion, why bother with a personal rejection at all? Why not just paste a form rejection into the email and be done with it? It's equally useful and has about the same amount of substance.

Okay, whining aside, I added another 750 words to Commune this morning and once I get my laptop back of my girlfriend (she's appropriated it for a university assignment) I'll try and get back into the 1,500 words a day rhythm. This weekend seems like a good time to kick it off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home