Thursday, October 19, 2006

Bordering on useless

Borderlands rejected 'Lest We Forget' today (big surprise), providing typically 'helpful' criticism: "It started too slowly, and seemed to end too soon."

Three editors and that's all they can come up with. And how you can make this criticism of a 1,500 word story I'll never know. I'm seriously considering ditching all Australian markets (with the exception of Andromeda) and just focusing overseas. I'm tired of the close-minded parochial attitudes. All they do is publish their friends' stories and lobby for government grants.

Yes, I'm sore and bitter, but there's also a lot of truth in this diatribe. I'm well and truly over it.

In a sunnier development, I finished the changes to Loaded last night, cutting 900 words from the 30 pages. I estimate it will take another week or so to do the final on-screen draft, although if I'm feeling industrious on the weekend I might be able to kick a good deal of its arse then.

Commune? 1,900 words added to it yesterday. Oh yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home