Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Intrusions

Seems like forever since my last post. Work on Commune has slowed to another crawl in the past week as life - both work and social - encroaches on my spare time and motivation. I'm trying to get the book up and running again, but it's a bit like trying to crank an old Model T Ford into action. Managed 1,300 words yesterday, and that was by far the most I had written in days. On track for something similar today, with luck.

With my contributor copy of Back Roads not due until early January and my next two stories not being published until March, I'm in a bit of a mental funk right now and feeling the wear and tear of 2006. Come to think of it, I've had no reply email from Spinetingler, either, and I'm supposed to have my revised version of the story back by January 5.

Can't quite believe that 'The Beauty Without' was published around this time last year. 2006 has gone by so fast I almost feel like I've been robbed. On the other hand, I got part way to realising my dream, so I guess the old adage of 'Time flies when you're having fun' applies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home