Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The best medicine

I'm not much of a one for laughing at my own misfortune, but even I have to admit this is funny. It occurred to me that BB&T is the first semi-pro paying magazine (as opposed to token, royalties or pro) that has accepted by work - and had it been a story such as 'Trouble With The Locals', I would have got around $30. But no, my first semi-pro sale is for a yarn that runs to a grand total of 667 words, meaning I'm paid the princely sum of $3.30 ... the least ever. The good folks at BB&T have offered to send me some contributor copies instead, although I don't know how many that will be since it costs like $10-$12 to send it to the boondocks (probably more since they're located in Massachusettes or however you spell it).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home