Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Morning/mourning

Okay ... it seems 'Displeasures' didn't even make it past round one at Andromeda. Nor did I receive a single word of feedback on why it was rejected. This one hurts a lot.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's the fantasy nature of the tale that people are rejecting out of hand. Perhaps a market more dedicated to the genre should be my next port of call for this story.

Work on 'Captain Crabb' is also foundering at the moment due to my ignorance of nautical terminology. It doesn't help the flow of prose when you're trying to remember how to spell bo'sun or recall what a mizzenmast is.

--ADDENDUM--

I've decided to abandon 'Captain Crabb' as well. I liked my characters well enough, but the pirate genre is a boot that just doesn't fit my foot. I also have a feeling my brain is tired of composition and wants to get back into the editing/submitting routine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home