Monday, February 12, 2007

Be careful what you wish for

Interminable response times are probably worse, but it's not great when a story is rejected before you have time to mention its submission on your blog. The Fifth Di told me what I could do with 'Other Intelligent Life' this morning, only a few days after I sent it off. Several readers now have offered some variation on "the story didn't grab me", but I suspect they are not reading between the lines. I'm going to persevere with this one - I plan to send it to a UK market called Four Volts who claim to like things that are a bit out there or experimental.

'Displeasures of the Flesh' is also in a new set of hands. I sent it to Fantasy Magazine, which is probably out of my league, but what the hell - no one else seems to dig it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home