Sunday, July 30, 2006

Back to life!

I'm pleased to say I was able to resuscitate 'Other Intelligent Life' this morning, adding 1,000 words to it when I'd pretty much given it up for dead. I think I needed to get Ghost Kiss etc out of the way so my brain could concentrate on the creative side of things again.

I'm especially happy because 'Life' is another light-hearted SF tale, which gives me something else to send to Andromeda.

'Blue Diamond Pool' is all but done - I'm going to let it chill for a week or so and then give it a final polish before I decide where to send it. On top of the three or four subs I have floating around in the market, it's helping me to feel active.

And in the 'nice news' category: I signed my first book the other night. The recipient was my first magazine editor who has remained a good friend over the years. It's proof that age and social differences need not hinder a friendship based on intellect and respect.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home