Monday, June 05, 2006

Accidentally Struggle Street

Bringing the early pages of Ghost Kiss up to scratch is proving a laborious task. The prose in the first 50 pages is far streakier than it was in the latter hundred – every second sentence seems to have 'was' or telling instead of showing. Some pages look like a bad road accident with all the red pen cross-outs. It's more a rewrite than an edit. I've limped my way to page 22 and still have another 30 to go. I'm thinking it might be an idea to revise a very short story I wrote, about revisionist history in the future, and submit it to Andromeda, just to give myself a break from editing the novel and get back on the day-to-day stimulation of the submission wagon. To feel like I'm back in the hunt rather than cooped up and isolated at various desks tinkering and fiddling with no purpose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home